- Each Artist may submit to more on-going competitions, but each Entry will require payment of a separate entry fee.
- Each Competition will accept Entries over the course of an announced period, and Entries must be submitted no later than 23:59 BT on the last day of the entry period. Entries received after the closing of the applicable entry period will not be considered for that round but will be entered for the next Competition. MiraBan's servers and clock will be deemed the official clock for each Competition.
- All Entries that violate any third party intellectual property rights, data protection laws, the MiraBan Website Terms and Conditions or any other applicable national laws, will be deemed ineligible. MiraBan reserves the right to exclude anyone and to refuse any Entry from a Competition at any time, for any reason, without prior notice and without incurring any liability to the fullest extent permissible by law. Without limitation, any inability to participate in the publicity and promotional activities below shall constitute grounds for disqualification.
- You will bear your own costs incurred with respect to the preparation of your Entry as well as any costs relating to your participation in a Competition including but not limited to the cost of creating the materials submitted.
You warrant that:
- All information provided with your Entry is true, complete and accurate;
- Subject to sub-clause (iii) of this section, your Entry is your own original creation and that you are the sole author and proprietor of the Entry and all the information contained therein; and to the extent that your Entry relies on or is designed to rely on or incorporate intellectual property that does not belong to you, any third party's image or likeness, or any other third party rights, you warrant that you have obtained all appropriate and necessary licenses, rights and/or consents to use such content in your Entry.
- You shall indemnify and hold MiraBan, its employees, owners, directors and any Panel members harmless in full and on demand against any loss, cost, damage, injury or expense that it may incur as a result of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- You shall fully co-operate with and participate in all publicity and promotional activities in respect of each Competition that you enter. Without limitation to the nature of the promotional and publicity activities you may be required to participate in, you agree to the publishing of your name and the name and description of your project on MiraBan's website and any MiraBan contractor's website, and inclusion in press releases and other media coverage (including social media) if your entry is selected as a Shortlisted Entry or Winner. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for MiraBan and its affiliates, agencies, contractors and designees to use each Winner's name or likenesses, for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity (to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law), without additional compensation notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- You shall not engage in any publicity or promotional activities or make any public announcement about your participation in a Competition without the prior written consent of the MiraBan
- Each Winner will be awarded the amount indicated in the competition cash prize, payable within thirty (30) days of being named a Winner, for use in the development of the winning project. The Prize cannot be transferred or assigned except with the express written consent of MiraBan. Each Winner shall have the sole responsibility for payment of any taxes, duties, charges or levies to be paid to any third party in connection with any money received in connection with a Competition.
- As far as the film and video funding competitions are concerned, while MiraBan does not specify how specifically each Winner is to spend its Grant, MiraBan reserves the right to conduct a reasonable review of how Grants are spent to ensure that they are spent reasonably and in connection with the winning project. Each Winner shall provide MiraBan free of charge one (1) copy of the trailer, finished film and artwork, solely for MiraBan's record-keeping and other internal purposes.
LICENSE RIGHTS; PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CREDITS
- By submitting your Entry, you grant MiraBan a worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use the contents thereof for purposes of evaluating the Entry and the promotional rights herein.
- In regards to the video funding competitions, each Winner will include MiraBan's logo amongst the other logos appearing in the film, and will also include Miraban's logo in all advertising (including print advertising) and posters for the Film, subject to reasonable and customary distributor exclusions. Such logo placement and presentation credit will be on a most favoured nations basis with all others being afford the same or similar credit. MiraBan shall also be afforded one (1) Executive Producer Credit for cash prizes higher equal or higher than 500 £.
- MiraBan accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities (whether direct or indirect, howsoever arising), injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of submitting an Entry or accepting any prize. MiraBan further disclaims any liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person's property relating to resulting from participation in, or accessing or using any materials in connection with a Competition.
- MiraBan shall not be liable for any damage, loss, liability (whether direct or indirect, howsoever arising), injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of the acts or omissions of any third party associated with a Competition.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of MiraBan for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence, or anything that cannot be excluded under applicable law.
- MiraBan has the right to cancel or postpone a Competition at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice and without liability whatsoever.
- Capitalised terms used but not defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed in the MiraBan Website Terms and Conditions. In case of conflict between the MiraBan Competition Policy and the MiraBan Website Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail, unless otherwise expressly indicated herein.
- When you apply to a MiraBan Competition, you understand you made your choice willingly. Hence fore, no reimbursement can be applied, regardless of the results of the competition itself.
- Each Competition and the Terms and Conditions, and any dispute relating thereto or between you and MiraBan will be governed by the laws of England (UK), without regard to conflict/choice of law principles. You hereby agree that all disputes arising out of or in relation to a Competition and/or these Terms and Conditions will be brought in an English court.